2016 Taipei International Design Award
Taipei is a lively and advancing city. In order to convey to the world the quality image of “Design in Taipei”, Taipei City Government organizes the “Taipei International Design Award”. Creative designers, teachers and students of design schools, and people with design passion from around the globe are invited to submit design works, which publicly selected among international design works. Taipei International Design Award serves as a creative design exchange platform to discover creative works with commercial potential. Taipei City Government encourages participants to use universal design to improve the city's economic, social, environmental, and cultural development by providing its users with a safer, harmonious, and more convenient lifestyle.
1. Directed by: Taipei City Government
2. Organized by: Department of Economic Development, Taipei City Government
3. Executed by: China Productivity Center
5. Chinese Industrial Designers Association, Taiwan Poster Design Association, Graphic Design Association of the Republic of China, Chinese Society of Interior Designers, Kaohsiung Creators Association.
1. Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
2. Entries must be original creations of the contestants; except for those in the category of Taipei Mayor Award, entries shall be completed after June 30, 2014.
3. Entries made public or mass production are also eligible.
Entries are grouped into three main categories: Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design and Public Space Design.
Industrial design refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
※ Requirements for Sponsors Award issued by Johnson Health Tech are as follows:
LOHAS～Fitness equipment in Industrial Design category
Fitness equipment include: treadmills, elliptical machines, indoor fitness car, weight training equipment, massage chairs, small fitness products, or accessories to fitness equipment.
2.Visual Communication Design
Visual communication includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing (including digital printing) etc.
3.Public Space Design
Open space provided for public use, government buildings and certain private establishments.
V.Call for applications：May 12th - August 12th
VI.Registration Fee：No registration fee required.
VII.Registration：Participants should proceed to the official website: www.taipeidaward.taipei
VIII.Prizes： NT$3 million
IX.In case of review of relevant documents by Taipei City Council or councilors, such documents may be provided with personal information and trade secrets hidden and are not restricted by the confidentiality clause. When obtaining applications and works relating to entrants owning to the implementation of the competition, directing, organizing, and executing unit may collect, process or use personal information and trade secrets relating to entrants and their works within the scope of the implementation of the competition.
“2016 Taipei International Design Award Team”
China Productivity Center
Contact person: Forana HLi
Tel:+886-2-26982989 ext. 2750
Address: 2F, No.79, Sec.1, Xintai 5th., Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City 221, Taiwan (R.O.C.)